Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Wave.

Be patient with me
I'm not as numb as I look
To be honest I'm just hurt
Hurt from the past, present & future
Hurt knowing there is no cure

I've been hit by this black wave
Causing me to feel far too much pain
I can't tell you when it's coming
but when it arrives there's no point in running

It washes over my entire soul
for reasons unknown
you won't be able to see it
but if you try to get close you just might feel it

I just ask that you remember how I am on my "happy days"
The days that make it easy for you to stay
The days when I have more than enough words to say 
Have sympathy, for I didn't ask to be this way

- SMG 

Dating someone who suffers from depression is not an easy task. Patience and strength are required more than ever. I wrote this poem years ago to help others understand what their loved ones are going through and so on..  1-800-273-8255.



No comments:

Post a Comment